The End

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

All was well.

4 posters

A Cute Little Church

Libby Brown
    Libby Brown
    Libby, Holly, & Drew Brown, Nicolas Sawyer

Number of posts : 9653
    Registration date : 2009-02-04

A Cute Little Church Empty A Cute Little Church

Post  Libby Brown Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:06 am

Holly was in a back room, getting ready. It was the big day. Libby was tying up the back of Holly's dress. Holly had tried hard to lose weight in the past couple of months, but she still had the smallest bit of pudge. No matter, the dress still fit.

Her hair was in elegant, shiny curls, pinned back a little with the clip that held her veil. In her hands was a large bouquet of flowers, and Libby was beaming in the background of the mirror's reflection. Holly tilted her head to see all angles of her face, making sure that her makeup was applied nicely, like all bridges just have to do before their wedding.

"You look beautiful," Libby told her. "Everyone will think so."

Holly smiled weakly. They had invited the Sawyers, Silvas, Yashnids, Browns, any other family members of Holly and Eric, and some coworkers of the two (though people like Blaine, Harold, Dwayne and Eric's parents weren't invited for obvious reasons).

Holly turned from the mirror. If she looked at herself any more, she might throw up from the nervousness (she had that morning). Especially considering what had happened just the month before--Holly and Eric had made up and decided that their wedding shouldn't be called off because of one little issue.

"Oh, Libby. I'm so happy," Holly grinned at her sister. Internally, Libby sighed with relief. Good thing that not all near-brides were worrying themselves to death.
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise
    Cruise family, Digandi family, Jake Yashnid, Eric Kire, various others

Number of posts : 15393
    Registration date : 2009-02-05

A Cute Little Church Empty Re: A Cute Little Church

Post  Kelsi Cruise Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:02 pm

Eric was in this other room with Jake sitting on a chair pulling a piece of string apart while he looked nervously in the mirror. He loved Holly. He really did. He never thought he would begin feeling doubt about marrying her. "Hey, Jake, you think this is a good idea?"

"You getting the Marriage Heebie-jeebies? Nah, ignore those feelings, they're nothing." Jake said looking up. "By the way, you look great in that tuxedo. You chose it out well."

Eric frowned. He thought all tuxedos looked the same, but that didn't matter. Either way, Jake's words of wisdom helped him feel more confident. He examined his newly-cut hair, which was trimmed into it's original hairstyle from school- nice and short and easy to maintain (unlike before, when it was getting quite long). He smiled nervously at the reflection, and then nodded sharply. "O-okay. We should get into our places."
    Rachel M.
    Rachel M.
    Rachel & Sophia Sawyer, Max Silva

Number of posts : 12383

Post  Rachel M. Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:10 pm

Rachel just so happened to have morning sickness that day, so she unfortunately couldn't go.
    Serenity R
    Serenity R
    Serenity & Selia Rosensteel

Number of posts : 11575

Post  Serenity R Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:40 pm

Selia peeked in on Holly excitedly. "How are you doing?!" She asked, going over to her. "You look fantastic.."
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:25 pm

"I'm so excited!" Holly squealed, running over to Selia and pulling her into the room. "Thank you for being here. Can you believe it? I'm getting married!"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:29 pm

"I can't believe it! I always thought Eric would be a monk. Or end up gay, or something!" She said excitedly.
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Holly rolled her eyes. "He dated some chick in seventh year, remember? I was really starting to worry about him until then, to be honest, but now I'm pretty sure that he's straight... and not a monk. Where did you get the idea he'd be a monk?"
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:16 pm

"Oh, well, things just don't work out for him, really. So, I figured he'd want to make his life something more worthwhile for him, and become a monk. But that's not the point! Let's concentrate on today. I love your hair."
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:27 pm

"Thank you!" Holly grinned. "It took an hour--maybe two?--to fix it like this. I think it's worth it though."
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:29 pm

"Oh, shut up. You're getting married! Lots of children, and taxes, and sex! Where's the honeymoon?"
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:59 pm

"The Caribbeans," Holly said dreamily, sighing. "I've always wanted to go there."
    Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:19 pm

"That sounds great! So. Have you moved in together? Sold the old properties? Same bed, yet?"
    Libby Brown
    Libby Brown

Post  Libby Brown Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:40 pm

"No, we haven't moved in together, but we will right after the wedding, and... we haven't had sex yet. Or slept in the same bed."
    Kelsi Cruise
    Kelsi Cruise
    Cruise family, Digandi family, Jake Yashnid, Eric Kire, various others

Number of posts : 15393

Post  Kelsi Cruise Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Jake kept looking at Eric, then he grinned and hugged him. "I'M SO HAPPY FOR YOU MAN." he said through the manly hug.

Eric hugged him back. "Me too!" he cried back and pushed him away. "Okay, Jake. Wait, are you crying?"

"Uhh, no?" Jake most certainly wasn't crying. But he had a scowl. "I'm just glad you're finally growing up."

Eric stared at Jake unblinkingly and shook his head. "Do you know your speech by heart?"

"Oh, of course! I- I mean, yeah I do. Hey, I've gotta go, okay? Practice.. you know..." Jake nodded with a smile and a wink, and left. When he left, he pulled out the sheet of paper that had the sloppy speech written upon it, and skimmed over it. "... Yeah, I can do this."

Suddenly a person passed by with a long tray full of delicious little salted pastries and such. He set the paper on a pile of napkins and took a few.

"Mmm, these are SO good..." When he turned to reach for his speech, he saw that it was gone. In fact, he had placed it on a pile of USED napkins, only to be put in a plastic garbage bag and taken away.

Jake could only stand there and stare, thinking that the audience would be in for a surprise.

Serenity R
    Serenity R

Post  Serenity R Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:58 pm

"Holly, dear, I need to go now. You've got about ten minutes, I'm just saying." She kissed her friend on the cheek. "It'll be a beautiful wedding. I'll see you at the reception, goodbye!" Selia ran down to the church area, and saved a spot for Jake, waiting for it to begin.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed May 08, 2024 1:24 am